I shared this iced mocha recipe on Instagram over the weekend, but I wanted to share it here as well! I loved making coffeehouse drinks at home, and for this one, you don’t even need an espresso machine! You do have to plan ahead and make some double-strength coffee and have it chilled. I made a 4-cup batch and I’ve been using it throughout the week to make drinks!
Fill a glass 2/3 full of ice (about a cup).
Add 1/4 cup of double-strength chilled coffee (I made mine the day before using twice as many grounds as normal, and just put it in the fridge overnight).
Add milk to the top (about 3/4 cup).
Drizzle in 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup. I used Drea’s homemade chocolate syrup recipe.
Stir with a straw, taste, then add more chocolate syrup if desired.
The next step is completely optional, but this drink looks fabulous when topped with whipped cream and a little more chocolate syrup!
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup strongly brewed coffee
- ¾ cup milk
- 2-3 Tbsp. chocolate syrup, to taste
- (optional) whipped cream & additional chocolate syrup
- Layer in a glass: ice, coffee, milk, and 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup.
- Stir with a straw, then add more chocolate syrup if desired.
- (Optional) Top with whipped cream and additional chocolate syrup.
For more of our family’s favorite recipes, click here.