This recipe for pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes was originally published in November 2009. I have updated it with new pictures and a printable recipe!
So I made some pretty delicious pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes on Saturday to take to our church fellowship. Thought I would share the recipe with you all! This recipe is from the November 2009 issue of Everyday with Rachel Ray.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg white and ½ tsp. vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Whisk into the flour mixture.
- Layer each muffin cup with some of the pumpkin batter, then some cream cheese mixture, then more of the batter. Bake until springy to the touch, 25 minutes. Let cool. (Tops will crack while baking.)
- Frost as desired. I have used simply a generous squirt of whipped cream, but I have also used pumpkin spice buttercream!
Note: Here is the pumpkin spice buttercream recipe I used!